Tuesday, December 2, 2014

“A Different Kind of Christmas This Year” by Mark Schultz

I am seriously considering using this song in next week’s holiday seminar and have been tempted to hold it until then, but some things are just too good not to share ASAP. On my way to lunch today, I heard “A Different Kind of Christmas This Year” by Mark Schultz for the first time, and I just sat in the car, overwhelmed by the words. When I returned to the office, I pulled up the video and listened from the beginning, and I was again overwhelmed by the words.

Mark Schultz is a master story teller in song, with such heart-touching songs as “Letters from War,” “Walking Her Home” (I always said it was “The Notebook” set to music—I obviously wasn’t the only one with that idea) and “He’s My Son,” all works of art. Yet, this new song may top them all when it comes to encouraging others. If you would like to read the lyrics, you can access them here. I would love to hear from some of you after you have viewed the video. You can leave comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment