Wednesday, January 21, 2015

“Closure is for bank accounts, not for love accounts.” (Dr. Robert A. Neimeyer)

Stylized red stamp showing the term closure. All on white background.I heard the following quote during a webinar today, and I was so overwhelmed by the truth contained within and the manner in which it was presented: ''Closure is for bank accounts, not for love accounts.” (Dr. Robert A. Neimeyer) As I was researching online, I found the continuation of the thought: “Love is potentially boundless. The fact that we love one person doesn't mean we have to withdraw love from another.'' (Found online at http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/27/health/personal-health-often-time-beats-therapy-for-treating-grief.html)
What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? You can share your thoughts in the comment box below or you can e-mail me directly at ksmith@stjosephhospice.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment