Monday, April 6, 2015

Your Added Verse(s) to “I Will Remember You” by Amy Grant?

imageThough the Amy Grant song “I Will Remember You” was specifically written about a lost romantic love, as you can see from these lyrics, it can be applicable to all types of love.

“I will be walking one day
Down a street far away
And see a face in the crowd and smile
Knowing how you made me laugh
Hearing sweet echoes of you from the past
I will remember you” (From http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/amygrant/iwillrememberyou.html)

As I’m typing this post, I began to wonder, “What verses would I add to this song, if I were writing about someone I am missing?” Remember, you don’t have to worry about making the sentiments rhyme, just say what is on your heart and mind. Here is a small template to get you started:

I will be ____________ one day

__________________________

And see/hear/smell _____________________ and smile/cry/laugh/scream

Know how you _______________________

Hearing ____________________________ from the past

I will remember you

If you do take the challenge and write your own verse(s), I would love to read them if that would be okay. You could either write them in the comments for all to see or you could send them to me via e-mail at ksmith@stjosephhospice.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment