Monday, May 4, 2015

“The Hardest Part Was….”

the hardest part

Many times in our groups, a discussion arises around “the hardest part” of the participants’ grief journey so far. Often, what they anticipated to be the most difficult challenges were not as bad as they thought they would be, but another hurdle hit them seemingly out of nowhere and sent them reeling. Here are just a few examples I have heard:

“The hardest part was….”

  • the day I had to check the “widowed” box on my tax return.
  • when I had to be hospitalized and realized you would not be there to comfort and advocate for me.
  • when I saw our first grandchild graduate from high school and knew just how proud you would have been.
  • witnessed the birth of _______ and knew just how excited you would have been.

So, how about you? If you were to finish the phrase “The hardest part was ____________________________________________,” what would you place in the blank and why? Feel free to share your response in the comment section below or via e-mail at ksmith@stjosephhospice.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment