Friday, February 6, 2015

I Miss Him Most “In This Room”

During my recent Bereavement Coordinator’s Conference, I was introduced the song “In This Room” by Leslie Tucker. When I went online to find a YouTube video for the song, I ran across this very specific tribute to the relationship of Ronald & Nancy Reagan. I am posting this today in honor of President Reagan’s birthday.

What “room” most reminds you of your loved one? For spouses, the “room” might be the bedroom, the private room which belonged to you and your spouse only. If it was your child who died, their particular bedroom might be the place you either feel closest to them or be the place which stirs the most emotions, at least for this season. Maybe it is the dining room or breakfast nook, where you would have life conversations over coffee or a glass of wine. Possibly your loved one loved to tinker with cars and the garage is the “room.” One of my relatives was a craftsman, and his woodshop is the “room” for me.

Wherever the “room” is for you, I believe this song will touch your heart. The lyrics are absolutely amazing, but my favorite section is this one:

In this room
I can recall
the dreams you shared with me
and it felt like a castle
now it feels more like a tomb

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/leslie-tucker-lyrics-in-this-room-leslie-tucker-g97j32g#ixzz3Qspdl4iz LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

Shortly after the death of Ronald Reagan in June 2004, at the end of one his programs, Larry King presented a beautiful video tribute to the relationship of Ron and Nancy Reagan. During the video montage, the song "In This Room" by Leslie Tucker was sung by Larry King's wife, Shawn Southwick-King.

No comments:

Post a Comment