Sunday, February 1, 2015

“You Don’t Get Over It…”

get over it

The participants of our groups here at St. Joseph know there are at least two sentences which will get me on my soapbox when it comes to protecting our bereaved. The first is when someone says to one of them, “I know how you feel.” I will just answer, “That is IMPOSSIBLE!” and refrain from a further tangent, but maybe some time soon I will pursue that topic in a blog entry. The second is the phrase, “You should be over it by now.” So when I saw this beautiful writing from The Compassionate Friends organization, I knew I needed to post.

I have an incredibly well-written and heartfelt poem in my file cabinet entitled, “You Should Be Over ‘It’,” written by Sharon White and published in Bereavement Magazine July/August 2003. You can read the entire text at this link: http://www.griefhealingdiscussiongroups.com/index.php?/topic/911-you-should-be-over-it/ My suggestion is that you might want to write your own stanzas of “its” and share with someone you trust…or share in the comments belong for all to benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment