Thursday, June 18, 2015

“Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton

Until moments ago, I had never heard the full story behind Eric Clapton’s “Tears in Heaven,” written as an expression of his grief regarding the death of his 4 1/2 year old son. If you would like to see it, I have put the video below the music video.

No matter whose death you might be mourning, “Tears in Heaven” can be a song which will touch you where you are in your pain. However, if your loss was of a child, this song will be especially for you.

A few of the lyrics describe the types of questions I have heard from our bereaved, no matter who they have lost:

“Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?”

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?”

These lyrics are especially comforting to many:

“Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment