Monday, June 1, 2015

“When the Last Teardrop Falls” by Blaque

As I search the internet for different topics regarding the grief journey, I am overwhelmed by the number of songs which have been written about loss. They vary, not only in lyrics, but also in the manner in which the soundtrack can move you. I just listened to one which seemed almost like a “funeral dirge” and then I came upon this one which for me was more hopeful. Although the writer acknowledges that even when the emotional pain lessens, the memories will always remain.

“When the last teardrop falls
I'll still be holdin' on to all of our memories
And all of what used to be


When the last teardrop falls
I will stand tall
And know that you're here with me in my heart
When the last tear drop falls”

(Accessed online at http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blaque/whenthelastteardropfalls.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment