Monday, July 20, 2015

“I Would’ve Loved You Anyway” by Trisha Yearwood

“I Would’ve Loved You Anyway” is a song about a choice made years before that the writer would repeat, even knowing the pain he or she would eventually endure. How about you? Knowing how you feel as you deal with the loss of your loved one, would you make the same choice again?

When a heart is broken, one can be tempted to second-guess decisions of the past, and think thoughts such as, “If I had only known, I would have never said ‘yes’ to the first date, and then I wouldn’t be feeling this pain.” or “If I just hadn’t gone so far out on that limb, the fall would not have been as painful.” Yet, if you could truly go back and make that choice again, with the knowledge you have now, would you really hold back or not take the plunge, or would you proclaim with the songwriter, “I Would’ve Loved You Anyway”?

No comments:

Post a Comment