Monday, September 15, 2014

“Please Just Sit Here With Me…”

sitSometimes it is difficult to figure out just how to support a loved one who is experiencing grief. You would really just like someone to tell you exactly what they need from you. This little poem does just that. The writer is honest with the intended audience, letting the reader know, not only what she needs, but what she doesn’t need.
Is there someone in your life who wants to support you but seems confused as to how best to do that? How about you do just as the writer of the poem and let her know what you need and what you don’t need? An example would be: “When I am talking about my pain, I need you just to listen. I don’t need you to ‘fix it’ or to think that you need to take the pain away. I just want you to acknowledge what I am telling you and accept me where I am.”
If you need assistance in figuring out just how to have a conversation with someone in your support network, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me (Kim) at 504-734-0140 or stjosephnober@yahoo.com.

Copyright (Except Graphic) © 2014 by Kim Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment