Thursday, September 11, 2014

“Tears Fall Because the Heart Can No Longer Handle the Pain.”

I don’t know about you, but I am surely thankful for the ability to cry. When I ran across this quote a few weeks ago, I was reminded of just how thankful. I think about my own life and the many times I have felt so emotionally full I felt as though I would implode. In those moments, I longed for some sort of relief. Sometimes the relief came without any prompting by me, when I ran across something or someone which gently (or not so gently) pricked my heart, and the tears began to flow, and sometimes to pour out in buckets. Other times, I felt as though I was emotionally plugged up and there seemed to be no relief in sight. In those times, I have learned to “prime the pump” by using something such as a movie which stirs me emotionally to bring about a release. When the flow begins, I have found the tears continue to flow until the pressure inside is released.

If you are in a place where you feel as though your “heart can no longer handle the pain,” and yet the tears seemed to be stuck inside you, consider pulling out emotionally emotive items, either ones which specifically remind you of your loved one or something which is generically emotive (“The Way We Were” always does it for me). If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me (stjosephnober@yahoo.com) or call me (504-734-0140).

Graphic separate source, Writing Copyright © 2014 by Kim Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment