Wednesday, October 8, 2014

“They Didn’t Forget They Died” (Perinatal Grief)

Until I found this excellent quote, I had never heard of “UnspokenGrief.com.” I decided to check it out, and I belief it is a resource worth investigating. Here is the mission statement for the organization: “to build and support a community of individuals and families who have been touched directly or indirectly by miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss. Working together to remove the stigma of perinatal grief by sharing our stories and increasing awareness of the lasting effects of perinatal loss.” (www.unspokengrief.com)

Although the sentiment below was written specifically about the death of a child, I believe it can be applied to how we deal with others who are dealing with the death of anyone they love. My favorite line is this: “What you’re reminding them of is that you remember that they lived.” What an excellent reminder for all of us of the importance of remembering and speaking about those so loved and missed.

death of child

No comments:

Post a Comment